Some lovely random facts for you all:
- I started having stomach pain and difficulty peeing on Wednesday. Oh, the joys of pregnancy, I thought. Surely this will pass.
- Persistent nausea began on Thursday.
- A couple of hours after my alumni board meeting on Saturday, I drove myself to the Jasper County ER at the recommendation of my clinic's on-call doctor, where I was diagnosed with a urinary tract infection. Man, was I pissed at myself for not just dragging my ass to the doctor during the week, but I was also kind of happy I didn't have to miss any work.
- I threw up for the first time on Sunday morning in a BP gas station in a very questionable restroom facility just minutes away from the on-ramp to I-65 South, aka my ticket home. I've barfed every day since.
- I'm wondering just how cut out I am for this whole motherhood thing, plaguing myself with questions like, "Did we get pregnant too soon?" "Will I ever want to do this again?" "Will I be any good?"
- I cry every day. Today's reason? My newfound ability to hit record-breaking levels of unattractiveness, as evidenced by the aerosol-free fro I've been sporting to the office and the right hand I've been jamming down my pants, Al Bundy-style, protecting the tiny life within from the harsh elastic waistband of my DePaul track pants.
- I've lost weight. Who knew the key to shedding those pesky unwanted pounds was the first trimester of pregnancy?
WEIGHT ON 2/28: 135.6
CURRENT WEIGHT: 137.2
TOTAL PREGNANCY POUNDS GAINED: 1.6
In happier news, Saint Joe's English department will allow me to end the blogging class by Thanksgiving with no penalty to class credit earned. If I go into labor prematurely, they would want me to come back and teach a couple of sessions as soon as I'm able, but let's hope that doesn't happen, because right now nothing displeases me more than the thought of making a three-hour round trip to teach a two-and-a-half-hour night course with leaky boobs and (most likely) a tear-stained face.